This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Psychic factors in the development and treatment of obesity.J. A. M. A. 1947; 133: 369
- The treatment of maternal obesity.Lancet. 1952; 1: 525
- Clinical study of the etiology of obesity.Ann. Int. Med. 1939; 12: 1797
- A study of obese patients in a nutrition clinic.J. Am. Dietet. A. 1947; 23: 941
- Human autonomic pharmacology. XVI Benzedrine sulphate as an aid in the treatment of obesity.New England J. Med. 1938; 218: 119
- Body Build and Its Inheritance.Carnegie Institution of Washington, Washington, D. C1923
- Body fat in adult man.Physiol. Rev. 1953; 33: 245
- Food intake of obese and non-obese women.J. Am. Dietet. A. 1953; 29: 29
- The treatment of obesity with low caloric diets.J. A. M. A. 1931; 97: 1063
- Treatment of obesity with low calorie diets; report of 121 additional cases.New Internat. Clin. 1938; 3: 19
- A study of 523 cases of obesity.Edinburgh M. J. 1931; 38: 561
- Observations on 1200 cases of obesity treated with amphetamine (benzedrine) sulfate.J. M. Soc. New Jersey. 1943; 40: 385
- The obese patient; a statistical study and analysis of symptoms, diagnosis and metabolic abnormalities, sex differences—treatment.Am. J. Digest. Dis. 1947; 14: 153
- Psychological aspects of reducing.Psychosom. Med. 1952; 14: 337
- When not to diet.Colliers. Feb. 5, 1954;
- A study of the effect of hypothalamic lesions on the eating habits of the albino rats.Am. J. Physiol. 1946; 147: 735
- Benzedrine sulfate (amphetamine) in the treatment of obese children and adolescents.J. Pediat. 1942; 20: 54
Bruch, H. Personal communication.
- Die alimentäre Hypoglykämie als Funktionsprüfung des Inselorgans.Ztschr. f. d. ges. exper. Med. 1928; 58: 81
- Sugar tolerance in obese subjects: a review of sixty-five cases.Quart. J. Med. 1935; 4: 345
- Cybernetics or Control and Communication in the Animal and the Machine.Wiley, New York1948
☆This work was supported in part by the Research and Development Division, Office of The Surgeon General, Department of the Army. Supported in part by a grant from the Commonwealth Fund.
© 1955 Published by Elsevier Inc.