- 1.1. A case of chronic diarrhea is reported which exhibited clinical, laboratory and electrocardiographic evidence of potassium deficiency.
- 2.2. Death occurred during intravenous infusion of 10 per cent glucose in the presence of an established potassium deficit.
- 3.3. The focal myocardial necrosis, cellular infiltration and fibrosis, focal endocarditis and marked hydropic degeneration of the renal tubules found at necropsy are identical to those lesions reported in potassium deficient animals.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Serum potassium, magnesium, and calcium levels in diabetic acidosis.J. Clin. Investigation. 1947; 26: 217
- Potassium deficiency occurring during the treatment of diabetic acidosis.J. A. M. A. 1946; 131: 1186
- Potassium deficiency in diabetic acidosis.J. A. M. A. 1947; 134: 1292
- Low serum potassium levels during recovery from diabetic coma.Arch. Int. Med. 1947; 80: 728
- Treatment of Addison's disease with desoxycorticosterone acetate.J. Clin. Investigation. 1939; 18: 449
- The treatment of Addison's disease.J. A. M. A. 1940; 114: 2517
- Some pitfalls in the treatment of Addison's disease.J. Clin. Endocrinol. 1941; 1: 68
- Disturbances of electrolyte metabolism in man.Bull. New York Acad. Med. 1948; 14: 147
- Body fluid physiology: the relationship of tissue composition to problems of water and electrolyte balance.New England J. Med. 1945; 233: 91
- Changes in muscle composition in alkalosis.J. Clin. Investigation. 1946; 25: 324
- Alkalosis and low plasma potassium in a case of Cushing's syndrome: a metabolic study.J. Clin. Investigation. 1940; 19: 701
- Plasma electrolyte disturbance in a patient with hypercorticoadrenal syndrome contrasted with that found in Addison's disease.Endocrinology. 1937; 21: 762
- The retention of electrolyte during recovery from severe dehydration due to diarrhea.J. Pediat. 1946; 28: 515
- The use of potassium chloride in the treatment of the dehydration of diarrhea in infants.J. Pediat. 1946; 28: 541
- Muscular paralysis and electrocardiographic abnormalities resulting from potassium loss in chronic nephritis.J. A. M. A. 1944; 124: 545
- The serum potassium in two cases of sprue.in: 2nd ed. Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med.54. 1943: 314
- Potassium deficiency in a case of lymphosarcoma with the sprue syndrome.Am. J. Med. 1947; 2: 131
- Observations on a case of familial periodic paralysis.Clin. Sc. 1937; 3: 47
- Relation of abnormalities in the concentration of serum potassium to electrocardiographic disturbances.Am. J. Med. 1948; 5: 828
- Influence of the serum potassium and other electrolytes on the electrocardiogram in diabetic acidosis.Am. J. Med. 1948; 5: 838
- Electrolyte changes and the electrocardiogram in diabetic acidosis.Am. Heart J. 1947; 34: 646
- Electrocardiographic and serum potassium changes in familial periodic paralysis.Am. J. M. Sc. 1940; 199: 789
- Cardiac lesions produced by corticosterone.J. Clin. Investigation. 1942; 21: 601
- The production of cardiac and renal lesions in rats by a diet extremely deficient in potassium.Am. J. Path. 1942; 18: 29
- Symptomatology and pathology of magnesium deficiency in the rat.J. Nutrition. 1937; 14: 85
- Myocardial lesions resulting from dietary deficiency.Yale J. Biol. & Med. 1940; 12: 345
- Diseases of Metabolism.in: 2nd ed. W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia1947: 742
- The immediate electrocardiographic effects of circumscribed myocardial injuries: an experimental study.Am. Heart J. 1948; 35: 161
- Bull. New England M. Center. 9. 1947: 274 Clinicopathological conference.